As Chief Graphic Designer for The Magic D8 Ball, I created a cohesive, exciting brand identity for the company across the app, website, and social media content.
This is a conceptual rebranding project for Austin’s Barton Creek Greenbelt. After intensive study and research, I designed, printed, and bound an informational book on the Greenbelt’s past with patches to launch it into its future.
This window display design was showcased in Austin’s 2nd Street District at Hemline. Our team had a $500 budget and two weeks to design, build and install in time for the winter holiday shopping season. This project was on display from Thanksgivings ‘18 until New Years ‘19.
This project is a spread for Cabra Magazine’s article and fashion photoshoot about hispanic heritage.
Here is a collection of screenprints made in the Fall of ‘18.
This project was a conceptual product design for Sofia Coppola’s movie Lost in Translation. Set in Japan, I focused on traditional Japanese art style for the piece. I hand drew the fish and mountain range with an ink brush pen and then vectorized it through Photoshop and Illustrator. Water is a constant theme in Japanese art, so I added watercolor textures behind my hand-drawn symbols.
This website design is for the annual Austin comic and zine festival, Press Fest. This year’s site was focused on artwork by Quimvaa.
This website design is for the annual Austin comic and zine festival, Press Fest. This year’s site was focused on artwork by Ashley Robin Franklin.
This is a collection of flyer designs made for various events at St. Edward’s University using Adobe Illustrator.
This is a simple bookmark design for the Center of Ethics and Leadership focused on expanding students minds through guest speakers and talk back events.
NPR’s radio show “This I Believe” showcases every day people’s truisms or core values. In this assignment, we focused on creating a zine to highlight our own truisms. I wrote about the importance of compassion. We condensed our beliefs into a statement on the front and a paragraph on the back. Inside, we created a chromatic typeface and abstract images to exhibit our truism. The statement is simple and wholesome, and I wanted my design to reflect that. This is riso-printed, so I wanted to play with overprinting to create new colors. My background was zoomed in pieces of nature photography, which made a clean, organic texture. I put simple crossing lines within my letters to parallel the crossing leaves and branches in the background. When unfolded, the zine becomes a poster on the other side, displaying the same “compassion is key” phrase from before.
The goal of this project was to create an original typeface based on a single word: shipwreck. I imagined jagged rocks breaking apart the solid structure of a ship and tried to implement that harsh effect into my typeface. On the upper left of each letter, I added a serif that mimicked a sail and crashing waves. To embody the broken effect of a shipwreck, I tried to make everything have very rough edges, including letters with curves (like O and B).
This designs are 3’ x 3’ foam boards made to promote the Center for Ethics and Leadership at St. Edward’s University.
This was my first window display design highlighted in the 2nd Street Shopping District during the winter holidays. I had a $500 budget for materials and about 3 weeks to plan, build, and install. We collaborated closely with the store’s owner to create a design with the elegance and sophistication of League of Rebels interior.
This set of 12 posters explored the process of methodical, conditional design using a plotter machine. I had to first make a set of rules, and use that rule guide over again 12 times to create 12 different unique designs. I focused my design on albums I was listening to at the time. I image traced the cover art and set it out the same way each time. I then took the first and last song and spread them over each other in a diagonal line with the same spacing. I used a color wheel I had to choose the color palette of the piece. I took a piece of colored paper, and then I would go counterclockwise twice on my color wheel to pick which ink I used for the center. The rest of the ink would be white. All of it used gel pens and colored construction paper. I enjoyed the movement these pieces had with all the overlays, as if each poster was playing the album for you.
The purpose of this project was to create an app design in After Effects for our own personal portfolio. I wanted to focus on ease of use in my design while keeping it as clean as possible. I did my best to capitalize on the ways people already interact with IOS platforms. My main navigation tools relied on swiping left to right to go from one section to another. I made all of my icons and buttons as big as possible to make it easy to tap. I used bright colors and simple symbols to draw attention to the various sections of the app.
This project is a spread for Cabra Magazine’s article and fashion photoshoot about diversity in casting.
As the Free Rent ATX’s Graphic Designer, I created a full zine layout design showcasing 20 international and regional artists.